**In order to be considered for this position it is a requirement that you have category management and buying strategy experience from within the UK food and industry and in particular hold expertise in retail category management strategy formulation across a number of product categories. You must also be able to be at the business offices in Grimsby, United Kingdom at least three days a week for the first 3-4 months minimum**
Job Title: Head of Commercial Operations (Category & Buying)
Location: Grimsby, North Lincolnshire and Home/ Remote Working
Reports to: Commercial Director
Remuneration: £60,000 - £75,000 + bonus + car allowance + expensed travel + private healthcare
Role Requirement: Must food, beverage or FMCG retail category management experience
The Head of Commercial will report directly into the Commercial Director, and hold responsibility for crafting and executing a global Category strategy for the business that is aligned to customer needs and consumer data.
You will also oversee the deployment of the Buying strategy as well as holding direct management of eight colleagues with scope to grow this team.
You will be expected to work closely with suppliers and manufacturers in order to identify up and coming FMCG trends, as well as establish stronger business knowledge and awareness of your customer base through a range of data and information gathering methods, including data planning software.
Ultimately you will be responsible for determining business category prioritisation in order to maximise profits and best serve your customers.
You will be:
- Someone with extensive retail Category Management/Buying experience gained in the Food, Drink or wider FMCG industry
- Natural servant leader. You will hold excellent leadership and mentorship skills in order to take a good team from good to great.
- Capable of engaging with senior business leaders and key stakeholders (internal & external).
- Able to interpret and analyse data, then use this insight to develop strategies and tactics which will influence business customers and consumers.
- Able to communicate and present data information to various stakeholders and demonstrate the ability to influence in many areas including: product range and distribution, promotional strategy, space and merchandising etc.
- Manage external suppliers and food, beverage and FMCG manufacturers
- Naturally curious and investigative in order to fully understand shopper behaviours.
This role sits very closely to the Commercial Director and holds significant business critical responsibility. As such, we are looking to provide a remuneration package of between £65,000 - £75,000 with additional bonuses.
Having placed a number of your future colleagues into this business, Redfin Recruitment is well placed to guide you on this Head of Commercial (Category & Buying Strategy) opportunity.
If you believe you have the retail category management experience needed for this role and can commit to being at the business offices in Grimsby for a minimum of three days per week for the first four months, then contact email@example.com for more information and a confidential chat.