Do you have experience within a high speed beverage manufacturing facility? Want to live and work in one of the worlds most rapidly developing economies? Keen to use your beverage manufacturing and engineering experience to drive OEE and business growth?
Title: Site Operations Manager | Location: United Arab Emirates | Salary: 30,000 AED per month (£77,000 pa / 88,000 EUR / $98,000)
Organisation Info and Role Context
Our client is one of a handful of F&B organisations within the Middle East region who can genuinely compete with some of the global beverage industries 'big-boys'...in fact, they not only compete, but across the MENA region actually beat them in terms of market share, volume and consumer analytics!
Unlike many other international recruiters, the Redfin Recruitment team has walked both the corporate office and factory floors and has witnessed first hand the ambition, competitive mentality and desire for excellence that saturates the culture of the organisation. We have successful placed intelligent, innovative and inspiring professionals across multiple functions within the organisation, so you will be surrounded with excellent colleagues to support you.
Based within the income tax-free region of the United Arab Emirates this organisation has distinguished regional brands whilst also partnering with internationally recognised blue-chip F&B players to co-manufacture products for the MENA region and beyond.
In response to recent awards, international business development and innovative new product development, the organisation has seen a significant boom in international orders for its products with water and flavoured beverages in particular being of particular interest with customers in both retail and foodservice literally lapping up its product range.
As such, we require a highly competent, servant leader with beverage manufacturing, engineering and operational experience. You will bring industry expertise and a natural ability to lead and serve a large team. Unfortunately, if you have not worked with high speed beverage machinery either operationally or from an engineering capacity, we will not be able to consider you for this position as we require someone who can bring operational and engineering excellence and manufacturing technical competencies surrounding this equipment to the organisation.
To lead, and manage the manufacturing and engineering operations teams to achieve annual performance targets through continuous improvement and guide its strategic development for the successful achievement of Company aims, and objectives.
- Formulate, agree, monitor and report on budgets and KPIs for the Manufacturing Unit to enable the site to meet its business operating profit.
- Continually research, review and recommend new opportunities to improve operational processes and capacity to drive up business operating profit.
- Formulate, agree and implement a site manufacturing strategy up to one year ahead to meet anticipated business requirements.
- Liaise and co-operate with colleagues in the Senior management team to deliver the agreed business targets through the effective utilization of all resources.
- Create and follow in conjunction with department managers all standard operating procedures and there development.
- Promote, audit, review and recommend developments to HSE policies and procedures in order to achieve a safe, controlled operation and protect the Company's assets and reputation.
- Liaise with internal and external customers and suppliers to promote the site and build long term relationships to support the efficient running of the business.
- Lead, manage and motivate people across the operation, coaching and encouraging them to achieve results which meet targets and objectives.
- Organise and conduct coaching activities in lean tools and techniques that support individuals and teams in the acquisition of knowledge that promotes lean methodology.
- Motivate and develop direct reports by setting, agreeing and reviewing individual and business objectives and KPIs to encourage the achievement of goals, identifying skill gaps and initiating recruitment and training as appropriate.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Degree or post graduate education within food science, supply chain or engineering are desirable.
- Experience within a food manufacturing setting with particular experience within beverage manufacturing being preferable.
- The ability to lead, manage strategically and motivate production teams running on a 24/7 basis.
- Strong understanding and experience of commercial, business and financial management (KPIs and the drivers).
If you have been considering an internationally based manufacturing opportunity, then this Site Operations Manager position could be just right for you.