Through both technical and leadership skills this position provides customer support of industrial conversion projects which may include overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, analysis, service and repair of complex equipment and/or systems.
Checks out and approves operational quality along with instruction to the customers in the operation and maintenance of the businesses system.
This role serves as the company liaison with customers technical/engineering and administrative matters for assigned projects.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Perform a variety of basic field engineering functions related to the application of division products to the customer’s requirements
• Become as knowledgeable as possible on client products in as short a period of time as possible, primarily through existing training programs and individual concerted effort
• Analyze and solve engineering problems associated with field installation and operation of control systems and/or control equipment
• Independent assignments typically involve situations where total system function has been previously established
• Assist in carrying out more complex engineering assignments under the direction of more senior field engineering personnel
• Provide instruction to customer personnel as needed for those tasks usually assigned within this position’s responsibilities
• Although not typically the primary interface with the customer, develop and maintain good customer relations on assigned tasks with emphasis on total customer satisfaction
• Participate in “team” assignments aimed at problem resolution, project/product familiarization, and product testing and evaluation
• Assignments will predominately be at customer sites but may also be manageable remotely.
• Provide complete and timely reports ton all activities with emphasis on defining problems encountered, services rendered, and customer reaction to the supplied product and services
**The position requires 75% travel**
Minimum Qualifications Basic Qualifications
• Bachelors degree or 4+ years of equivalent experience
• Legal authorization to work in the US is required. Company will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Experience with factory automation equipment such as Allan Bradley, Siemens etc.
• Experience in working remotely and with frequent business travel
• Experience working with PLC's within a factory setting
• The ability to work through complex issues needing in depth analysis of situations or data.
• The ability to use professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complete issues to support the customer.
• Good communication and rapport-building skills
This is a customer facing role and is a pivotel position in the business. You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills for both internal and external teams.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.