Our Client is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses.These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. They currently have a position available at its Lathrop Plant - Lathrop, CA as a Senior Chemical Engineer to provide senior technical leadership throughout the site. Lathrop is located in the metro triangle, bounded by the Bay Area, Stockton, and Sacramento.
Responsible for evaluating existing processes and configuring manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices within the production process. Write procedures in a simple manner that operators can follow. These procedures detail the specific instructions to produce quality product. In addition, the process engineer uses his tools to create process and product specifications. This position is responsible for providing, organizing and coordinating technical support regarding process improvement for both existing production processes as well as all newly initiated projects. This individual is challenged to identify weak points in business and technical processes and in creating technical solutions and improvements for these weak points.
- Assessing processes for adequacy of the process and equipment.
- Reviewing existing data and lab analysis of plant processes to determine the efficiency of our locations.
- Designing, installing and commissioning new production units, monitoring modifications and upgrades, and troubleshooting existing processes.
- Ensuring that all aspects of our operation or process meet specified regulations; working closely with maintenance and production operating crews.
- Preparing reports, flow diagrams and charts assessing the availability of raw materials and the safety and environmental impact of our plants.
- Managing the cost and time constraints of projects; supporting the conversion of small-scale processes into commercially viable large-scale operations.
- Monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of a plant; ensuring the process works at the optimum level, to the right rate and quality of output, in order to meet supply needs.
- Bachelor's Degree from 4 year college or university, Chemical Engineer Degree preferred
- 7+ years demonstrated experience in managing projects.
- 7+ years’ experience with process engineering, optimization, and improvement.
- Experience in Phosphate Industry/Phosphoric Acid Fertilizer mfg. preferred.
- Phosphate, sulfuric acid and granulation fertilizer industry experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities, meet deadlines and manage projects.
- Must be able to show initiative and be a 'self-starter' to achieve working goals.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ensure compliance with Process Safety Management and other regulatory requirements.
- Provide process design support for new projects
Disclaimer - These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered for this position.