Redfin Recruitment USA are excited to partner with this global food manufacturer who supply the nations retail sector with both branded and own label products across a number of categories.
Following a recent meeting with the General Manager we have been engaged on an exciting Quality Assurance Manager who will be able to take the technical lead for all aspects of food quality compliance, health & safety, environmental compliance, labelling as well as wider technical leadership aspects.
This role will see you sit alongside other heads of department with three direct reports so we seek someone who is a natural leader of people who can motivate and encourage a collaborative spirit amongst their team. Reporting director into the Plant Director you will hold full responsibility for the designing of and deployment of the full quality and technical function.
Position Responsibilities :
- Managing all daily quality, food safety activities within the technical function
- Assuring full compliance with all quality and food safety programs aligned to customer requirements and appropriate regulatory agencies
- Directly lead and promote a culture of general safety and food quality within a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Prepare appropriate internal reports through collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Design and deploy quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses, identifying critical control points and preventive measures, establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions and verification procedures, monitoring inventories.
- Assure quality control tasks are defined along with the appropriate tools and training, as required;
- Act as the site technical liaison during regulatory visits/inspections
- Lead company crisis management events and inform management of potential and real-time issues at hand and propose corrective/preventive actions
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science or related field
- Direct experience within a fast-paced, fully automotive food manufacturing environment
- Experience of leading a food manufacturing quality, food safety and regulatory function
- Experience of leading internal and external regulatory visits and inspections.
Redfin Recruitment USA works as a recruitment partner for select businesses within the food, beverage and CPG industries. With over 11 years of retained and contingent based recruitment experience we provide search and selection services for the direct placement recruitment industry.
For more information on how Redfin Recruitment can help you or your business contact firstname.lastname@example.org